- Category: Inspections
- Why an inspection is important...
A home purchase may be the largest investment of your life. Before you purchase the property you should learn as much as you can including what may need to be repaired.
A home inspection will also point out all the positive aspects of a home, as well as, required ongoing maintenance that will be necessary to keep the property in good condition. By having a professional home inspection you will have a clear understanding of the home you are purchasing so you can make a confident decision in this purchase.
A home inspection can also be valuable if you have owned your home for a long period of time. The inspection can identify potential problems and recommend solutions that will potentially save you a great deal of money in the future.
A Typical Inspection Includes:
- Roof, vents, flashing and trim
- Gutters and downspouts
- Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations
- Decks, steps, porches, walkways and railings
- Grading and drainage
- Basement, foundation and crawlspace
- Water penetration and foundation movement
- Heating systems
- Cooling systems
- Main water shut off valves
- Water heating system
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats
- Electrical service line and meter box
- Main disconnect and service amperage
- Electrical panels, breakers and fuses
- Grounding and bonding
- Fireplace damper door and hearth
- Insulation and ventilation
- Garage doors, safety sensors and openers
- Interior scan using Thermal Imaging